In order to slow the spread of Covid-19, all travel away from home is forbidden, from midnight 17 March until midnight 3 May 2020, except for the purposes listed below, fully respecting the general preventive health measures intended to reduce the spread of the virus and avoid all gatherings of people:
- travel between home and workplace(s), when indispensable for professional activities for which teleworking is not possible or when professional travel cannot be postponed;
- travel for the purchase of supplies necessary for professional activity and the procurement of basic commodities in neighbourhood shops and establishments allowed to remain open to the public;
- travel for health purposes;
- travel for overriding family reasons, assistance to vulnerable persons or staying with children;
- short trips, close to home, linked to individual physical activity excluding the practice of all collective sports, and the care of pets.
Employers must begin by assessing the possibility of generalising recourse to teleworking in their company.
Situations in which teleworking is not possible:
If teleworking is not compatible with the company’s activity and for the purpose of pursuing their activity, employer must provide each employee concerned with a document specifying the need for travel.
This is also required for professional travel that cannot be postponed.
Employees must carry the document justifying that this is professional travel at all times.
Situations in which teleworking is possible:
The teleworking form can be sent by e-mail directly to the Labour Department (Direction du Travail)