Where the employee does not present symptoms, priority should be given to implementing working from home.
If working conditions cannot be adjusted to enable working from home, the employee considered as a contact case can receive an absence from work allowance.
The procedure to follow varies depending on whether contact with the infected person took place in a private setting or the work environment.
Contact Occurred in a Private Setting
This situation is covered by the general cases of absence from work because of illness.
- immediately consult his GP who will determine whether isolation is required and for how long, and will prescribe an appropriate absence from work as well as any tests to be carried out;
- send the absence from work prescription to his employer and C.C.S.S. within 48 hours;
- ask his employer to complete a certificate of absence on resumption of work
Contact Occurred in the Work Environment
The employer must contact The Office of Occupational Medicine (OMT)
- The Occupational Medical Officer will determine whether isolation is required and for how long, and will prescribe an appropriate absence from work as well as any tests to be carried out;
- OMT sends the absence of work prescription directly to the employer;
On resumption of work, the employer must:
- make a "declaration of absence from work for payment of daily allowances in the event of COVID + contact, recorded by the Office of Occupational Medicine (OMT);"
- attach the absence of work prescription issued by OMT;
- send these two documents by e-mail to C.C.S.S. or upload them to their document space online.