This compensation scheme, established last 16 March to support families while schools are closed, will soon come to an end:
- For children enrolled in schools in Monaco:
Some classes remain closed or reopened in May in conditions making some parents unable to resume their professional activity. Parents still required to stay at home with their children with no possibility of resorting to teleworking may benefit from compensation for work stoppage until the end of the school year on 26 June inclusive.
ATTENTION: insured parties choosing not to return their children to school, when this is possible, cannot claim any compensation.
- For children enrolled in schools in France or Italy:
As from 22 June, given the mandatory reopening of schools in the usual conditions, parents of children attending schools in France can no longer claim this compensation.
The same applies for children attending schools in Italy, since the Italian school year will have ended on that date.
To benefit from compensation for childcare, self-employed persons must satisfy the following conditions:
- All activity must be stopped, thereby excluding even partial activity by an employee or any other party;
- The children must be under age 16 on the day on which work stoppage begins (age 18 in case of handicap);
- Only one parent (or holder of parental authority) may benefit from paid leave. The self-employed person must certify that he/she alone is requesting such leave by filling in a form that can be downloaded below and sent to our office.
- The other parent must also be employed and not benefit from any technical unemployment measures.
If such is the case, the form below must be returned to C.A.M.T.I.:
Compensation is granted as from the declared date on which work was stopped.
It is payable with resumption of the activity or at the earliest within 20 day after the start of work stoppage. The amount of compensation for self-employed persons is €61.50 per unworked day.
The form must be duly filled in by the self-employed person and returned to C.A.M.T.I., preferably through our teleservice using the document space.