Thursday, 19 October 2017

What is affiliation?

  • Affiliation enables the Caisses Sociales de Monaco to identify an employer duly authorised to conduct its business activities in the Principality.
  • Affiliation is needed so that the Employment Office (Pôle Emploi) can identify any employer whose personnel are covered by unemployment insurance.
  • It involves allocating the employer a unique employer number which is used to monitor:
  • all contributions for which the Caisses Sociales provides collection services.

Who should be affiliated?

To the C.C.S.S./C.A.R.

Any individuals, companies or organisations authorised to conduct a business activity in the Principality and employing salaried employees as part of this business.

Conditions for conducting a business: Organisations to contact

In the event that the authorisation issued is withdrawn, either by the Business Development Agency (Direction de l'Expansion Economique), or by ministerial decree for some regulated professions, in addition to the penalties stipulated by law, the employer is subject to a forced recovery and collection procedure for social contributions.

Exceptions to the obligation of affiliation

To unemployment insurance

Any private-sector employer who connects the services of a person to an employment contract must insure that person against the risk of unemployment.

  • Natural persons:
    • Self-employed workers (craftsmen, shopkeepers, etc.),
    • Liberal professions (doctors, lawyers, etc.),
    • Private individuals who employ personnel (secretary, personal accountant, etc.) excluding household employees who are affiliated through the dedicated procedure appearing in the "Employer of Household Employees" section.
  • Legal entities
    • Commercial and non-commercial companies (SAM, SNC, SCS, SARL, SCI…)
    • Associations...

Certain categories of personnel do not have to be reported to our fund for Unemployment Insurance contributions:

  • sailors registered with the Caisse Nationale d'Allocations Familiales des Marins (National Family Allowances Fund for Merchant Seamen),
  • sales representatives covered under CCVRP (Compensation Fund for Sales Representatives),
  • casual employees in the entertainment industry who remain managed by Pôle Emploi Service,
  • employees currently covered by the URSSAF because they conduct their business activity in France.

When must you become affiliated?

  • When the authorisation to conduct a business activity in the Principality has been issued,  and
  • Within three days of the effective date of the first employee being hired.

How to become affiliated?

By contacting your contact at the Department for Work, Employment Service (Direction du Travail, Service de l'Emploi). This contact will give you the necessary forms to set up your file and ensure they are sent to the Employer Monitoring Department at the Caisses Sociales de Monaco.

This organisation will carry out your registration and send you your employer number.
They will also send your affiliation to the Employment Office.

Affiliation in detail

How to subscribe to online services ?

  • New employer: login credentials for the online services are provided upon registration in order to comply with the obligation to use such services set out in Articles, 11, 12, 34 and 35 of the C.C.S.S. Internal Regulations, approved by Ministerial Decree no. 2015-687 of 12/11/2015.
  • An employer that is already registered but not yet using the online services: can subscribe with the Contribution Collections Department.


The Employment Office (Pôle Emploi) is your contact for:

  • all operations regarding the management of your contributions account for periods prior to 1st January 2011,
  • conducting corporate analyses,
  • the provision, through its website, of the Employment Termination Certificate,
  • anything related to compensation for your employees who have lost their jobs.