Former spouse's pension

Special case of divorced or separated spouses

  • You are legally separated or divorced from your deceased spouse,
  • You were receiving maintenance payments or a compensatory allowance that was being paid at the time of your ex-spouse’s death,
  • Your deceased spouse conducted all or partial of their occupational activity in the Principality for the duration of your marriage,
  • You have not remarried or cohabited since your separation or divorce.

If you meet the conditions above, you can probably claim a basic survivor's pension (CAR) and supplementary pension (CMRC), the amounts of which will be calculated in proportion to the points acquired during your period of living together.


Please note:

Send us your request by letter, or visit our Pensions Department.