This benefit is also likely to be paid to salaried head of householdswho are of Monegasque or French nationality and who reside in France but have no entitlement to the French scheme.
Every month of pregnancy prior to the expected date of delivery which appears on the maternity record book, provides an entitlement to a monthly Prenatal Allowance provided that:
- The head of the household can prove, for the month in question, at least ccssdblink-inline working hours or equivalent.If this number of working hours or equivalent is less than 75 in a month, the corresponding monthly Prenatal Allowance will not be paid.
- The pregnancy declaration has been submitted to social services within three months of the estimated conception date.If the pregnancy is only reported over three months after the estimated conception date, the Prenatal Allowances will only be paid from the date of the pregnancy declaration.
- And, in due course the mother-to-be is subject to the medical examinations for the 3rd, 6th and 8th month of pregnancy and the postnatal examination.If the compulsory pre- and post-natal examinations do not happen in good time, the corresponding monthly Prenatal Allowances will not be paid.
Prenatal Allowances are paid in three instalments:
- 1st instalment: 2 monthly payments on proof that the stipulated medical examinations take place before the end of the 3rd month of pregnancy have taken place,
- 2nd instalment: 4 monthly payments on proof that the stipulated medical examinations take place before the end of the 6th month of pregnancy have taken place,
- 3rd instalment: 3 monthly payments on proof that the stipulated medical examinations take place within the first 15 days of the 8th month of pregnancy have taken place and that the post-natal examination scheduled within 8 weeks of the labour has taken place.
The amount of the full monthly payment of Prenatal Allowances is equal to that of the Family Allowances paid for a child aged under three, which is €166.40 on October 1, 2023
When the number of working hours or equivalent worked by the head of household is between 75 and 144 during a given month, the amount of the benefit will be prorated by multiplying the 145th of the full monthly payment by this number of hours.
In the event of a premature birth, only the number of monthly payments corresponding to the actual number of months of pregnancy is due.
In the event that the pregnancy is terminated:
- Before the end of the 3rd month: Prenatal Allowances are not paid,
- After the end of the 3rd month: they are only paid for the previous months.
In the event of multiple births, each child is retroactively entitled to Prenatal Allowances.
- Health insurance
- Family benefits
- CAR Basic Pension
Supplementary Pension CMRC
- Social work
- Medical benefits
Forms and documents